PLEASE READ

kwillmorth79

PLEASE READ

Post by kwillmorth79 »

I have just send the following note to each of the project contributors:

"It is with regret that I admit defeat in my attempt to assemble a promotional video for Formula Vee racing. Between competing business demands on available time, and the difficulty experienced in converting video at an acceptable quality level for duplication, I have simply not been able to create anything I would consider of a quality worth duplication or publication.

I apologize for any disappointment this may cause.

I am refunding [all] donations to the project, and/or [returning] materials provided. Failing any productive result, I am absorbing the expenses incurred to date.

I wish you [all] the best of luck with your racing efforts. I remain a loyal Formula Vee participant with an interest in seeing the class thrive, and will continue to promote it within my own area of influence."

I am sincerely sorry and embarassed I was unable to bring this to a satisfactory result. However, I felt that considering the time that has expired, I owed it to everyone to bring this to some conclusion, even if it is unsatisfactory.

I wish the best to everyone here, and hope to see you at the races again soon!
AKA Kartgraphix (276 posts), AKA kevin willmorth (177 posts) - seldom right but very outspoken since 2006! CenDiv Laser Mk 2 #79
clubford00

Re: PLEASE READ

Post by clubford00 »

Dear Kevin:
I want to thank you for your gallant efforts on this huge undertaking. I received my check back today and it is with great regret that accept it. As you know i started in Vee's back in 1980 and racing has been a big part of my life since then. I hope that in the future this project can resume with the effort's of many, rather than a select few. Thank you again for everything you and anyone involved has done and good luck in all your future endeavors
Sincerely, Dean Elston
Dean
Real Racecars, DONT have fenders !!!
problemchild

Post by problemchild »

I too received my check back. I ripped it up and threw it in the garbage. No refund necassary!
Thanks for your efforts Kevin!
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
FV80
Site Admin

Re: PLEASE READ - follow up to Promo DVD

Post by FV80 »

All,
Paul Sheimer has agreed to take over this project. If you have seen his 45th B'day DVD you will know that he has 'the tools' to get the job done. When you receive your 'stuff' back from Kevin, please forward it on to Paul so we can move forward with this. You might also send any suggestions you have along with it. I will try to do some interviews during the Runoffs (and SIC) this year if I can work it in (and get my GoPro to work :P ) - unless someone else with more 'video talent' (and possibly EQUIPMENT) would like to volunteer.

You can contact him at PaulSchiemer <at> mac<dot>com., or simply send him your videos/pix/whatever to
Paul Schiemer
PO Box 1644
Dahlonega, GA 30533

Steve
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
1969zeitler

Post by 1969zeitler »

Is there an update to the DVD? I emailed Paul and did not get a response.
Roger
Orlando, Fl
car-less now

I have a VERY understanding Wife.
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

I tried to contact Paul several times and failed. I assume that this is a DEAD issue... :cry:

Steve
1969zeitler

Post by 1969zeitler »

The reason I am asking is I own a film production company and may want to give it a shot but do not want to step on toes or compete with someone else who is doing it already. Since I am part of the FV world, I would b happy to do it for free. I will try to reach Paul again just to make sure he is not ready to come out with something.

I have been doing documentary films for almost 10 years. I also filmed the Grassroots Motorsports Challenge. I could combine my car-building and drivers school parts in the film as well.
Roger
Orlando, Fl
car-less now

FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

Roger,
That would be fantastic and well received. Paul is, I think, RETIRED from FV racing, and put together a wonderful DVD for the 45th anniversary for something to do. I saw it and was impressed. I asked him if he would like to take on the challenge of the FV Promo DVD, and .. initially, he said OK .. but I think that later on, he decided it was really more WORK than he wanted to put in, so ... rather than just SAY that, he opted to ... sorta DISAPPEAR. I can certainly understand - several have tried it and been unsuccessful so far. We welcome your best shot at it :-).

Paul, if you can reach him, might have some 'vintage type' (45TH anniversary) video to be shared - there are also a number of other racers (myself included) that have racing video that's available for use.

You can post on this forum for input, but I can tell you that drivers are getting tired of foraging through all of their videos to find something decent ... sending it on... and having it disappear to no avail. Everyone is happy to help .. just be patient if you go at this :-).

Steve
1969zeitler

Post by 1969zeitler »

Thanks Steve. I will try to reach Paul again since he may have a lot of video and photos that I can use. I hope to get more comments from the members. Since I am not asking for money, it may be easier to participate for many of them. Luckily, I live in Florida and there are several tracks I can use for the film and since I am also a member of SCCA, I can get into the "good spots". I will also approach our region leaders to let them know what I am doing. I think they would not have an issue with something that would promote racing but you never know.

Roger
Roger
Orlando, Fl
car-less now