2017 NE Drivers Schools Schedule

Post Reply
AMDAS
Posts: 12
Joined: May 15th, 2007, 1:17 pm

2017 NE Drivers Schools Schedule

Post by AMDAS »

SCCA Driver Schools start in March and April!!

With so few SCCA Driver School weekends available during the year, make your plans to get your SCCA License early!

Advantage Motorsports has just released its NE 2017 Arrive and Drive Schedule for all NE Driving Schools.

Details can be found on our website.

Here is the link:

http://advantagemotorsports.com/racecar-rentals.html
jahillsr
Posts: 4
Joined: April 30th, 2017, 11:01 pm

Re: 2017 NE Drivers Schools Schedule

Post by jahillsr »

Is anyone aware of another New England area Drivers School for a novice? I would like to get a car and drive this year but can't find a lot of information on how to actually do that.
Any assistance would be helpful.
BLS
Posts: 417
Joined: May 11th, 2011, 7:52 pm

Re: 2017 NE Drivers Schools Schedule

Post by BLS »

New England Region website:

https://www.ner.org/

Upcoming events on the right side and a club racing schedule under "Club Racing"

I do not see a school listed, but wait for a NE member to chime in.

What information, other than a school do you need?
Barry
Old Zink FV,
'87 Citation
jferreira
Posts: 19
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:12 pm

Re: 2017 NE Drivers Schools Schedule

Post by jferreira »

We just had a school at Thompson. Three (3) FV drivers made it through the school.
Thompson has more schools scheduled, but I think they are for closed wheel only. "If" there are more people who need a school,
an inquiry could be made to see if they can include open wheel.

I think NJ has a school scheduled for the next 2 months. Will do some research on that.

There are a few good Vee's for sale right now for a good price, including the one I am selling.
We (NeFV) try to make sure each rookie that goes through a school has an experienced FV driver/mechanic to get that person through the school.

John
FV# 15
jahillsr
Posts: 4
Joined: April 30th, 2017, 11:01 pm

Re: 2017 NE Drivers Schools Schedule

Post by jahillsr »

Thanks Barry. Yes I had looked there without luck. And thank you also John. I didn't see a car listed in the classifieds with your name. What are you selling?

When I get my SCCA Novice Permit, and without having taken a school, when am I allowed to drive the car on the track? Can I run lap days or ?

TIA, Jim
FV80
Site Admin
Posts: 1176
Joined: June 27th, 2006, 9:07 am

Re: 2017 NE Drivers Schools Schedule

Post by FV80 »

jahillsr wrote:Is anyone aware of another New England area Drivers School for a novice? I would like to get a car and drive this year but can't find a lot of information on how to actually do that.
Any assistance would be helpful.
I can't help you on the school part, but there are several good cars available out there for quite reasonable money. Since you are in the NE, THIS http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthr ... otoform-P2 one might interest you. Looks like the ones that were on this site are all sold or pending...(you already missed some pretty good deals :P )

Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
To sign up in the FV Registry for updates about SCCA Formula Vee, please send me an email or PM with your name, location (city/state), make/model of car, phone # and any other appropriate info.
jpetillo
Posts: 758
Joined: August 26th, 2006, 2:54 pm

Re: 2017 NE Drivers Schools Schedule

Post by jpetillo »

jahillsr wrote:Is anyone aware of another New England area Drivers School for a novice? I would like to get a car and drive this year but can't find a lot of information on how to actually do that.
Any assistance would be helpful.
jahillsr, another "alternative" school is always a possibility for FV in the New England area. Please go to the NorthEast Formula Vee site's contact page http://www.nefv.org/page3.html, and get in touch with Paul Faford. Just contact him directly and don't bother with the form. There is no one person who could help you more than Paul especially about the school, but the other guys are excellent as well.

Also, about getting a car, you can get exposure to the whole NEFV community at this FaceBook site https://www.facebook.com/groups/nefv.org/. You will see pictures of the three new FV folks who just got their novice permits last weekend. Ask question, we all respond there.

For FV questions across the nation, this formulavee.org forum is the right place.

I hope things will work out for you this year. Don't hesitate to get in touch.

Best regards,
John
jferreira
Posts: 19
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:12 pm

Re: 2017 NE Drivers Schools Schedule

Post by jferreira »

jahillsr wrote:Thanks Barry. Yes I had looked there without luck. And thank you also John. I didn't see a car listed in the classifieds with your name. What are you selling?

When I get my SCCA Novice Permit, and without having taken a school, when am I allowed to drive the car on the track? Can I run lap days or ?

TIA, Jim
I need to post it here also ...
Where are you located?

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthr ... SpeedSport

John
BLS
Posts: 417
Joined: May 11th, 2011, 7:52 pm

Re: 2017 NE Drivers Schools Schedule

Post by BLS »

"When I get my SCCA Novice Permit, and without having taken a school, when am I allowed to drive the car on the track? Can I run lap days or ?"

Jim, you will not be able to enter a race until you have the school completed. There are "Time trials" often held in conjunction with a race weekend. I've never done this but it does not require a competition school. There are different levels, PDX which can be done in street cars I think, then club trials, and track trials. There is appropriate instruction at the beginning level on through the track trials I believe.

https://www.scca.com/pages/time-trials

You can usually look at a regional schedule to determine if these are being held on race weekends.

You can always go out of region to a school if it will work for you.
Barry
Old Zink FV,
'87 Citation
njg005
Posts: 62
Joined: January 30th, 2007, 10:38 pm

Re: 2017 NE Drivers Schools Schedule

Post by njg005 »

If you do purchase a car and it is "up to snuff," we will gladly allow you to participate in the Open Wheel Driving Experience (OWDE) this upcoming August (August 6th to be exact) at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. It's a great experience for VERY reasonable money.
If you haven't purchased a car, come to a few events over the next few months and hang out with the NEFV driver's. Once they get to know you, one of them may actually lend you a car for the OWDE if you promise to bring it back in one piece.
Like John suggested, don't be afraid to reachout to someone on the NEFV website or Facebook page. We are happy to help.
Nick
jahillsr
Posts: 4
Joined: April 30th, 2017, 11:01 pm

Re: 2017 NE Drivers Schools Schedule

Post by jahillsr »

Thank you for your reply Nick, Good advice. I will introduce myself to some NER members at the next race I can attend.
Jim
njg005 wrote:If you do purchase a car and it is "up to snuff," we will gladly allow you to participate in the Open Wheel Driving Experience (OWDE) this upcoming August (August 6th to be exact) at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. It's a great experience for VERY reasonable money.
If you haven't purchased a car, come to a few events over the next few months and hang out with the NEFV driver's. Once they get to know you, one of them may actually lend you a car for the OWDE if you promise to bring it back in one piece.
Like John suggested, don't be afraid to reachout to someone on the NEFV website or Facebook page. We are happy to help.
Nick
Post Reply