Brake pressure

craigs

Brake pressure

Post by craigs »

Looking at brake bias gauges - some top out at 1000 and some at 1500 psi. To buy the right one I need to know, what do our cars put out for peak pressure?

Or am I better off going all Spinal Tap and getting the one that goes to 2000 psi so I will have better braking?
dric53

Re: Brake pressure

Post by dric53 »

Always go Spinal Tap!
kidkoh

Post by kidkoh »

I spiked my 1000psi gage the first.time I went into turn 3 at nhms the rear lasted the year but I will be going to 1500psi for next year
fvracer27

Post by fvracer27 »

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/LNG-44126/
This is all you need

Don't you have a mychron 3?
What are trying to do with the gauges? Just set up or getting data?

Mark
Mark Filip
NER #27
Womer EV-3
craigs

Post by craigs »

yeah i have the aim dash - hadn't even thought of that actually. i was going to use the numbers for setup only until your post. i'll probably go analog for setup and aim for data.
fvracer27

Post by fvracer27 »

craigs wrote:yeah i have the aim dash - hadn't even thought of that actually. i was going to use the numbers for setup only until your post. i'll probably go analog for setup and aim for data.
1 sensor for data is $150 So if you want to read front and rear $300 and it will take up 2 hard channels of the dash
Gauges $70 good for set up only

Unless you are going to use the Data I would just add gauges it works very well for giving you a start point when setting up the car.

Get gauges for the set up then add 1 brake sensor to get your data later. Saves $80 and saves a channel on the dash

Mark
Mark Filip
NER #27
Womer EV-3
craigs

Post by craigs »

fvracer27 wrote:

Get gauges for the set up then add 1 brake sensor to get your data later. Saves $80 and saves a channel on the dash

Mark
thats the plan
SR Racing

Post by SR Racing »

And we have both and are cheaper than the above prices. :)

Jim
fvracer27

Post by fvracer27 »

SR Racing wrote:And we have both and are cheaper than the above prices. :)

Jim
I could not find the link on your site Jim otherwise I would have posted yours. Always support the FV vendors :lol:
Mark Filip
NER #27
Womer EV-3
SR Racing

Post by SR Racing »

[quote="fvracer27]
I could not find the link on your site Jim otherwise I would have posted yours. Always support the FV vendors :lol:[/quote]

No problem. We are AIM and Longacre dealers, so we have EVERYTHING. :-) And I will never get around to posting everything on the web...
Here is our current line card:
http://sracing.com/Store/SR_Line_Card.pdf

Jim