Zero roll spring

problemchild

Re: Zero roll spring

Post by problemchild »

Ontario Region CASC F1200
30 yr anniversary of switch to 13" wheels with BFG TAs. Never looked back .... now on Falken tires on 14" Diamond Racing Wheels.
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
tiagosantos

Post by tiagosantos »

Wondering how big a difference the tires make.. Anyone know the average cornering forces with the falkens?
hojo

Post by hojo »

i would say these tires are about 4-5 secs per lap slower than hoosiers at mosport. a lot of it is due to grip, but a portion of it is also the drag of a larger footprint in the air stream, higher unsprung weight plus taller tire = more resistance and friction for weeee HP to overcome.

running them for the first time at shannonville i was rather amazed at how hot these tires get. mind you it was in the 40C range with the humidex, but i was not expecting so much tire temp to be genreated.
Andrew McMurray
EX - Ontario F1200
G.B.

Post by G.B. »

Greg,

Is this the car that started life as an FST and was converted to a FV a year or so ago?

Guy.
Ed Womer

Post by Ed Womer »

That is the car I built for Rob Howden for his now defunct formula car Mag. He sold it last year to a guy in the keys in Florida and he sold shortly after that and Greg's coustomer bought. A lot of people besides myself donated parts and time to build the car which was featured in a series of stories in the mag. as it was built.

Ed