ZDDP Additive

Rolling Stone

ZDDP Additive

Post by Rolling Stone »

Whats the experts opinion on us using ZDDP in our engines?(Zinc)GOOD? Dont Bother? essential?
tiagosantos

Re: ZDDP Additive

Post by tiagosantos »

Check the recent thread regarding cam failure in the tech tips section :)

I think the overall consensus is that it's a good thing - apparently varying from "you absolutely must have zinc" to "it would definitely be a good idea".

Redline or other "off road" oil is so incredibly expensive up here in Canada that I'm resorting to buying synthetic street oil and adding ZDDP additives. Costs me just under 50 bucks for an oil change in oil and additives, versus close to 80 bucks for redline.
Rolling Stone

Post by Rolling Stone »

tiagosantos wrote:Check the recent thread regarding cam failure in the tech tips section :)

I think the overall consensus is that it's a good thing - apparently varying from "you absolutely must have zinc" to "it would definitely be a good idea".

Redline or other "off road" oil is so incredibly expensive up here in Canada that I'm resorting to buying synthetic street oil and adding ZDDP additives. Costs me just under 50 bucks for an oil change in oil and additives, versus close to 80 bucks for redline.
Same here in Ontario,I think ZDDP is about $9 a bottle in the US,NAPA auto charge $20 a bottle here!:shock:
SR Racing

Post by SR Racing »

You only need 1/2 bottle of ZDDP for your Vee per oil change.