Halon system

jmattox

Halon system

Post by jmattox »

So I can take a breath again, will someone tell me where I can get a halon onboard fire extinguisher system recharged? I understand the importance of the system and do not want to pay as much as $500 for a whole system when all I need is the gauge to read "green" instead of "almost" red.

John
fv42
problemchild

Re: Halon system

Post by problemchild »

I don't know where you live .... if your car is in a cold northern garage ..... it may come into the green by the time the weather warms up. I went through that years ago .... it fixed itself when it warmed up. It was a new bottle charged in a southern state. Sometimes you can position the bottle (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) so that the only viewing angle is favorable .... certainly not unfavorable.
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
SR Racing

Post by SR Racing »

We sell full 5lb Halon Systems starting at $399. I think you will find a refill with shipments will get you close to that. http://sracing.com/Store/Safety/firebottles.htm
Dave

Post by Dave »

Check with a local Fire Protection company, that services fire extinguishers. I found a guy that stopped by 15 minutes after we called, picked up the bottle re-charged (top off ) the nitrogen and brought the gauge back into the green. $10. Most bottles can be refilled. I had 2 bottles filled at Trans Atlantic in '08. These bottles were older and not DOT stamped. You can ship empty bottles, but full ones are a problem. Stevan Davis brought the to the Run-Offs for us. I later learned that Greyhound Bus would take them as they don't follow the same rules as UPS-Fed EX.

Dave