Brazil VW Pistons & Cylinders

FV55inSpokane

Cat fight!

Post by FV55inSpokane »

I've been away for a while...guess I'll stay away a bit longer.

Oh yeah, I'd use the Kolbenschmidt p&c set if I could find some.

Lawrence
Dietmar
Site Admin

Re: Brazil VW Pistons & Cylinders

Post by Dietmar »

Lawrence:

The K/S piston & cylinder sets are available and just an e-mail or phone call away.

Dietmar
http://www.quixoteracing.com
Hal

Post by Hal »

When I first started out in 2001 I built my own motors every year I guess 4 times. Got a rebuilt kit and heads from Butch at DRE and a piston-cylinder set from Jim. Dietmar did most of the machining/smart work for me and provided me intricate instructions and details on how to put it all together. Not only did the motors run, which alwasy surprises me, but ran well and by about the 3rd motor rebuild I was winning races. Then I wanted to go faster of course so now I just send the whole works to Dietmar and let him do everything. He gets me what I need and want, and I can sit on my ass more in the winter and watch old movies. Building your own motors can save some bucks if it doesn't blow up and be a good learning experience by allowing you to know intimately the insides of your motor and generaly how it all goes together. Makes for a more knowledgeable Vee racer, but when you are ready to go fast you will have to take Ann Landers advise and, "seek professionsl help."

Hal
D-13 88
Citation 88
jhenn4716

Post by jhenn4716 »

I heard a rumor that Mike Varacins is going to break the 2 minute mark at RA this year in his vee. Talk about not sharing secrets.

I'm kidding of course, cause I'm going to break that mark. :wink:
Jeff
Mysterian #55
Hal

Post by Hal »

Jeff....woooooooooohahahahahahahaha....hahahahahahahaha! Good one!

Hal
D-13 88
Citation 88