Question on front sway bars

DWP

Question on front sway bars

Post by DWP »

New here
A little history. I am finishing up a "street rail" . But am considering a FV to rebuild in the near future. Just have to get this one running before wife let's any more cars in the driveway. Also the Kitchen.
I am trying to soften up the front end of a ball joint beam. Can I assume that the sway bar and spacers just replace the spring pack in the upper part> I was considering just removing the springs and using a threaded rod, but I like the idea of the sway bar.
I will have some more questions on the specs of the FV in the future. If I ask to many just let me know.
Thanks
Dave
Dietmar
Site Admin

Re: Question on front sway bars

Post by Dietmar »

Dave:

Welcome to the Interchange. Looks like your log in problems were solved!

This question should be posed to the FST site as you are working with a ball joint and we are still using link pin beams- but the answer is the same. Yes. The sway bar will definitely soften the front end.

By the way, there is a nice D-13 in Pa that someone is trying to sell. Take a look in the Formula Vee section.

Good luck

Dietmar
Mystique Racing

Re: Question on front sway bars

Post by Mystique Racing »

Dave,

One additional note: you will want to put the sway bar in the lower tube of the beam, not the upper. I put mine in the upper tube and it caused one of the ball joints to come out of the control arm at about 90mph. it was a wild ride.
Scott

Diamond Formula Cars

http://www.diamondformulacars.com