PM messages stuck in outbox

Bill Carroll

PM messages stuck in outbox

Post by Bill Carroll »

I have PM messages I have tried to send that appear in my outbox. I am pretty sure they never got sent (No reply).
1. how did I do that.
2. How do I send them.

AM I missing an icon or something?

Thanks,
IT Challenged,
Bill
Doug Carter

Re: PM messages stuck in outbox

Post by Doug Carter »

In this forum software (phpBB), the message sits in your Outbox until the recipient actually opens and reads the message on his end. Not a problem, just a quirky way for PMs to work. But yes, the person you sent the PM to never got it if it's still in your Outbox. I don't believe this forum defaults to sending e-mails to the users when they get a PM, either, so without an e-mail address, you're kind of hung out to dry until they chose to return to this forum to read their messages.
MDURKEE

Post by MDURKEE »

Good to know, this I sent a PM to the site admin regarding this over a month ago. It's still sitting in my OUTBOX. I guess Keith has not checked the site in awhile.
Doug Carter

Post by Doug Carter »

MDURKEE wrote:Good to know, this I sent a PM to the site admin regarding this over a month ago. It's still sitting in my OUTBOX. I guess Keith has not checked the site in awhile.
Jun 11, 2009, as a matter of fact.
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

I'm pretty sure that Keith is no longer associated with this forum. Rob Howden bought the rights from Keith a couple of years ago. I'm not sure if ANYONE routinely monitors the admin box at this time (apparently not?).
Steve
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80