Part numbers

Johnny_B

Part numbers

Post by Johnny_B »

I have a VW wrecking yard in my area and I' looking for spare parts for my Formula Vee. Can anyone give me the part #'s I should be looking for.
I need the #'s for Blocks, cylinders, rods, crank shafts anything else that may be hard to find.

Thanks in Advance,
John B.
Canada
brian

Re: Part numbers

Post by brian »

On a very high level the first 3 numbers should be 113, this designates a type one and I think 62 through 65. The second three numbers designate the major area 109 is motor and say, 501 is brakes. The last 3 are the specific part number. Sometimes there is a alpha suffix on the end and that is the generation of the part. An example would be 113-109-373D, that's the preferred cylinder head for vees.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
Johnny_B

Post by Johnny_B »

Thanks Brian,
So far I've found 2 cranks, 2 sets of heads and 2 sets of usable rods. I was hoping to find some 18 fin cylinders but no luck so far, just 1 good set of the 12 fin version. I'll keep looking.
Johnny_B
brian

Post by brian »

Watch for front ends and trannies. It's well worth taking a core home just to raid parts off. Things like backing plates, axles and spindles are just sitting around junk yards collecting rust.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.