Homologation papers question

flat tappet

Homologation papers question

Post by flat tappet »

I purchased the "new" Predator last winter off the forum. What happens if they can't find the papers. Will SCCA isuue new ones before I can get a Logbook?

Thanks for any info! :mrgreen:
Matt King

Re: Homologation papers question

Post by Matt King »

You will need the homologation to get a log book. SCCA can replace it or issue a new one for a fee. A new one is $100 and the charge for replacement is $200. I see you have that car up on eBay.

Here's a link to the homologation info:
http://www.scca.com/contentpage.aspx?content=79#3
brian

Post by brian »

As Matt said, it costs twice as much to get a copy versus a new certificate. SCCA claims the extra cost is in researching the log book number. Your roll bar stamping will be used to research for a new cert. Get the forms for a new cert and go through the steps. When getting a new log book, the second step in the process, you will get a new roll bar number. Make sure to eliminate the old roll bar numbers to avoid confusion.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Depending on the age of the car and how much digging they have to do SCCA may just issue a replacement for the new paper price. Lot's of their records are in storage and they tend to be pretty lazy. That's what they did for me.
Dave
flat tappet

Post by flat tappet »

Thanks guys for all the info. The former owner passed away before ever being able to drive the car so I'm trying to find out if his widow knows where the papers are.