Battery type question

flat tappet

Battery type question

Post by flat tappet »

My new aquired Predatory has a battery box fabricated for a motorcycle battery(battery included). Since I have to move the box is this type of battery accepable
for use in a VEE?
SR Racing

Re: Battery type question

Post by SR Racing »

There are several people who do use them sucessfully. They are typically only rated at about 12ah whereas the larger gel-cel or even light tractor batteries are 17 to 20ah. The other draw back is that they can't be mounted in all positions since they are wet.
remmers

Post by remmers »

My dad's been using a motorcycle battery since we bought our Protoform. It's nice because we can mount it lying down on the floor pan which gets it out of the way, and also out of harm's way in the event of a collision. If you do go with a motorcycle battery, don't leave it in the car over the winter. We found that one out the hard way one year. :(
MDURKEE

Post by MDURKEE »

Braile batteries work nice. I had the battery in my FV die, I pulled the braile battery out of my Lotus Elise and it worked great. Heck it was the same dimentions as the motorcycle battery I had in the FV and it even weighed less. They are gel so you can mount them anyway you like anf have good cranking amps
Steven McWilliams JR

Post by Steven McWilliams JR »

in my vista (modified Predator) I have my gel cel-motorcycle size batter mounted on the other side of the cross brace on my floor. Sitting in the car it goes in order from mybody ; Brace, fire extinguisher, and then the battery, mounted horizontally, long side against the fire suppression. This way, once I clear my fire suppresssion system, I am pretty much clear of any obstructions, and it keeps all the weight low in the car. :mrgreen:
Steven McWilliams Jr.
Crew: #92 1986 Reynard SF2000
Driver: #19 1992 Vista C
#15 ITA Honda Civic Si