Predator Exhaust and Zero ROll

Steven McWilliams JR

Predator Exhaust and Zero ROll

Post by Steven McWilliams JR »

Hi, I am building a 92 Predator/Vista built by Steve Cole. I am wandering how the Zero Roll and Exhaust should look like. Does anybody have pictures they can e-mail me, or post?
Thanks,
Steven Jr
Steven McWilliams Jr.
Crew: #92 1986 Reynard SF2000
Driver: #19 1992 Vista C
#15 ITA Honda Civic Si
Ed Womer

Re: Predator Exhaust and Zero ROll

Post by Ed Womer »

Come on guys, I am putting this car together for Steven and I need some pic's so I don't take to much time trying to figure it out.

Ed
GT6

Post by GT6 »

Steven and Ed, I've got a 1985 Predator P3. Can send Pics but need e-mail address. Not sure how much the cars changed but it will at lest be an example. frankly I'm not happy with the exhaust layout. Too easy to get crunched by the ground and too easy to get smashed when lightly rear ended.

Talk to you soon, Anthony.
Anthony Parker
NER, NED, SCCA
flat tappet

Post by flat tappet »

Ed Womer wrote:Come on guys, I am putting this car together for Steven and I need some pic's so I don't take to much time trying to figure it out.

Ed
Ed..the ad for the P3a I bought are still here under classifieds. It is brand new from a kit and you can look at the pictures of the exhaust(mid december last posting)

Bruce
hardingfv32-1

Post by hardingfv32-1 »

The Predator is a car optimized for what its designer considered the best possible aero. As such there are compromises with other atributes of the car. There are very few options when routing the exhaust. Throw in areo restrictions and it becomes very difficult. This is really a car for a Nat level driver in Nat level races. You need a driver who keeps the car on the track. You need a race group with above average drivers who have the skill to stay off each other.

This is not your normal FV for the average FV driver.

Brian
Last edited by hardingfv32-1 on February 17th, 2009, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill_Bonow

Why Build when you can buy?

Post by Bill_Bonow »

Steven/Ed,

Chris Jennerjahn has a P3 "kit" for sale here: http://www.sracing.com/ForSale/forsale.htm

He claims to have "multiple exhaust systems". Maybe one could be purchased?

Side note: If this is Brian Jennerjahn's old P3, this car lead the Runoffs in '85 with Andre Serrano behind the wheel.
Bill Bonow
" I love Formula Vees, they're delicious!"
Steven McWilliams JR

Steven and Ed, I've got a 1985 Predator P3. Can send Pics but need e-mail address
steven_mc_19@yahoo.com
I raced karts for 3 years, finished out of top 3 once, hopefully I can addapt to the car. I'm racing in the NOrtheast with Bill Saltenberger, Voss, the Maloneys, who are from waht I've seen good drivers that DO stay off each other. My father and I modified the aero, because it did not fit the chassis at all, so I guess I don't have the optimal aero package anymore, although the tail section is the same. I have seen pictures where the exhaust goes UNDER the engine and trans, which does seem like it would be volnerable to slight taps, and bottoming out.
THanks,
Steven
Steven McWilliams Jr.
#15 ITA Honda Civic Si

Post by 119097 »

Go to the classified section on this site, vees for sale, about 14 or15 cars down. there is a brand new P3 with lots of pictures. Not sure if this will help. but it has pictures!!!
flat tappet

Post by flat tappet »

I bought this car in Dec 2008. Ad is still here but the car is not!
Steven McWilliams JR

I looked at the pics of the car, It is beautiful, and in great shape 5500 was a great deal, good luck! The chassis is based on that car, but Steve Cole removed the frame where the "sidepods" would go, thus the car is flat down the side. My father and I had to chop off the extra horizontal peice, and add completely new fiberglass down the side, we did the same w/ the noze, although the tail section remains the same. Thanks for the pictures, and if you have any more suggestions, and pics,please keep them coming!
Thanks for your help,
Steven
Steven McWilliams Jr.
#15 ITA Honda Civic Si