New to Vee racing. Have Questions

hars550

New to Vee racing. Have Questions

Post by hars550 »

I just purchased a restored Vintage 1967 Autodynamics mark IV. It came with a log book dated back to 1999. It has the usual required pic on the inside.
My question is that the car has the number "2" on it. Do I have to keep that same number? Also I live in New Jersey and wondering
if there are any Vintage racing driving schools around in the Northeast?
ajax

Re: New to Vee racing. Have Questions

Post by ajax »

Hars550, Vintage racing is a bit different then the typically see with the SCCA, as there is no central controlling org. covering the US. What we have is many smaller groups that have been organized over the years to meet different needs, some are very strict and want high end cars only but then there are also groups that are run what ya brung types and then yiu have everything in between. You will need to investigate what groups(s) you want to run with and then find out how they handle schools. CVAR who runs in TX & OK tracks has driving schools at our Feb. and Sept. events every year. We usually get 10-20 new drivers at each event and drivers get three solid days in their cars to learn what it takes to begin to see if you want to continue to run vintage.
Keith Lawrence

Post by Keith Lawrence »

Hars550,

Check out the VRG at http://www.vrgonline.org I race a 1964 AutoDynamics FV with them and VSCDA.org and VSCCA.org. They have a great 2 day (prior to the race weekend) vintage school every May at New Hampshire (wet skid pad and all).
Most vintage clubs have their own school that they want people to attend before they give an OK to race with them. MOst of the clubs are recoprositity bewtween them for the lsicences and most viontage clubs want to see a new racer have some professional schooling prior to attending one of their schools (unless there is some prior race expereince).

Contact me if you need more info on vintage racing in NE. I run from Chicago area over to NH and so far down to VIR - but there are lots of great track and vintage race clubs wuithn a 10 hour two in the NE

Keith
Keith.Lawrence@EDMC.edu
Pittsburgh PA
Captain

Post by Captain »

Welcome!

Another NJ guy!

Where in NJ are you? I'm in Roxbury, and another member, Bill is right up the road. Few Vee gus in south Jersey too!

Jim
hars550

Post by hars550 »

I live in Egg Harbor Twp. about 15 min. from Atlantic City. I am also 30 min. from the new New Jersey Motorsports Park.