Complete newb

Jeffzilla

Complete newb

Post by Jeffzilla »

Hey guys I'm completely new to the formula vee world. I am interested to getting involved except I don't know how to build a vee. Does anyone know if there are any plans anywhere. I found out about it when I looked up a regional club around the Tacoma, WA area called the ICSCC. Anyways if anyone has any ideas let me know please.

Thank you,

Jeff
billinstuart

Re: Complete newb

Post by billinstuart »

If you're really serious, buy an existing, complete car. Use the vendors on this website. This is ground zero for Vees.
JimR

Post by JimR »

Welcome Jeff to the FV community. As a newcomer you will find the folks that race in this class to be among the best in racing. Everyone I know are willing to share information and encourage newcomers to get involved as FV represents perhaps the best value in racing with competition second to none. For very short money, a book is available by one of the sponsers of this site that will help you understand this class and get started. Here is the link.

http://www.sracing.com/Store/FV_Stuff/fv_book.htm

Jim Regan
daveb

Post by daveb »

Unless you're a professional RACE CAR builder, do yourself a huge favor and buy a race proven car. Your fun factor will will
expand due to the fact that you will be able to race immmediately,and it's a LOT less expensive.Ask any one who has built their own car.Just my .02 .At any rate,welcome and have fun.You're about to meet some of the nicest guys on the planet.
This is the only group I know of that will help their competitors get back on the track just for the pure enjoyment of racing,and in many cases will loan or donate repair parts to do it.Dave
problemchild

Post by problemchild »

I would like to add to Daves comments.
It is a buyers market right now. You can buy good cars for half of the price of the replacement parts. You can buy not-so-great cars for much less than that. There is so much to learn as a newbie, that building your first car does not need to be one of them.
If you are so-inclined, race for a few years and build a car with the parts from your starter car. By then, you will have learned whether you are more of a tinkerer or racer. Tinkerers enjoy buiding and working on their race car more than racing them. Racers work on their car so they can race it. A racer does not want to take off 3 years to build a new car. There are some of us that are both, but it is not as common as one would think.
Greg Rice
"Happy 50th Birthday"
FV55inSpokane

Post by FV55inSpokane »

Jeff,
Welcome! The Vee community is a great thing.
I've raced with (well, did race with) ICSCC for 20 years from Spokane and can get you hooked up with folks in your area. Are you interested in the vintage scene at all? There are some awome races in the SOVREN group!Good racing in Conference (aka the ICSCC) too.
PM me if your interested in some contacts.
Lawrence
brian

Post by brian »

Steve Saslow is in your area and I'm in NorCal, feel free to call me the number is on the banner above for BRM Eng.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
stinkygod

Post by stinkygod »

I have a vested interest in that i'm selling a vee right now (Adams Aero), but most importantly, you really need to come down to willows CA this coming weekend for the 45th Birthday, there should hopefully be a ton of us vee guys (actually bruce and i are the only 2 that weigh a ton) and you should be able to talk to a few constructors and climb into a bunch of cars.

Zack

P.S. check out my car - "Adams Aero 2 bodies"