Carb Question

Bbsgarage

Carb Question

Post by Bbsgarage »

I know I have read about this here in the past but can not find it.

which direction should the carb be mounted? float bowl towards the front or back? does it matter?

this is for a solovee with a stock 1600 and a 30PICT carb if that matters.

Thanks.
vreihen

Re: Carb Question

Post by vreihen »

If it was on there before, I'm thinking that the throttle linkage may provide the best answer.

Of course, as I discovered with many things on my own Vee, that doesn't mean that it was done correctly by the last owner..... :roll:
Bbsgarage

Post by Bbsgarage »

Well it technically was on there, but nothing was attached to anything else. i fact the transaxle was loosely bolted onto the engine with only the 2 upper bolts. I still need to get the lower studs. Throttle linkage was not attached at all. Im in the process of creating a new throttle set up and it would be way easier one way and not so easy the other.
brian

Post by brian »

One the 1200 we run to bowl forward to avoid fuel sloshing under heavy braking. Take a look at your carb and see if there is a float chamber breather entering the bore of the carb. This is what we have in the 28pic and fuel will run up that breather line and down the throat. When the float is forward, it can't run up the brass line.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.