FSV event at FV 40th Birthday

Would you like to attend the FSV event at the FV 40th Birthday Party?

Poll ended at July 22nd, 2007, 9:48 pm

Yes, count me in.
67%
No, it's too far off to commit/too far for me to go/too much effort
33%
What's a Formula Super Vee?
No votes

Total votes: 3

Chris Robson

FSV event at FV 40th Birthday

Post by Chris Robson »

Ok Guys,

We have been granted space at the FV 40th anniversary party, but now it is time to start getting a head count. I know you have all read my other posts, but to re-cap, this is a three day, VW only, party. We will have exclusive use of the track for multiple sessions an one of the nicest venues in the country.

I have spoke with many of you and the number one complainant is nowhere to race, or if you get to race, you are thrown to the BOSS "wolves". Please take the survey below and help me with getting our numbers figured out.

All I am looking for is a "verbal" commitment. No money, no entry fee deposits, just a " I think I can make it/ I want to attend" answer. Once you have answered, please feel free to leave you comments. I am working to get the recognition this class deserves and need your help to show the vintage organizations we have the numbers to validate acceptance at their events.

I look forward to hearing from all of you. Send me an email with any comments or suggestions regarding this event.

Best regards,

Chris Robson
R-Motorsports
swiftdb2@aol.com
Chris Robson

Count me in!

Post by Chris Robson »

Hey Chris,

Great idea! Count me in!

Chris Robson
R-Motorsports
swiftdb2@aol.com
mte

Post by mte »

WHERE?
Chris Robson

FSV's at FV 40th Birthday party

Post by Chris Robson »

Here is all of the info to date.

http://www.formulavee.org/interchange/v ... php?t=1019

Chris
Daryl

Post by Daryl »

I can't commit until the 2008 SCVA volleyball schedule comes out....

If the weekend isn't a conflict for me--I'd love to attend. It'll be quite a tow, but I'd like to race at a new-to-me track. This event could be the perfect excuse.

Currently I have a D-13, but hope to have a 1st Gen FSV by Jan 08.
butchdeer

Post by butchdeer »

This is acutally the 45th Birthday race as FV started in 1963. There have been Birthday party races every five years since the 20th. This would be the first one to include Super Vee. I hope there are enough cars and drivers so you can have your own race group.
Butch
FV since1963
Chris Robson

D'oh!

Post by Chris Robson »

Your Right Butch,

...(but you knew that!...) I have been too busy with the S2 40th and ....

Sorry.

This is the OFFICAL FSV wake up call :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

I begged and pleaded to get an invite. The magic number is 20 cars. So far I have about 7 strong commitments and 2 on the fence. I knew this would be an uphill battle, but all I heard from every FSV driver I talked to was they wanted a stand alone race at some event. Here is your chance, with more track time than you could ever hope for and not an Atlantic, F5000 or F1/2/3 car in sight!

Come on guys, start spreading the word. For once we get to be the "Big Dogs" on track...

Time is running out and I will have to pull the plug soon if no one steps up.

So let's hear from you and anyone out there who is running an FSV currently, I urge you to spread the word and start to gather the heard.

Chris
teamfrd

Post by teamfrd »

I can bring my car up from Jacksonville, FL for display. But it's not wheel to wheel ready.
TeamFRD - http://drive.to/TeamFRD - Royale RP18 ~~~ Historic Formula Super Vee Register - http://drive.to/FSV