November meeting

Dietmar
Site Admin

November meeting

Post by Dietmar »

The FV Ad Hoc committee met on November 25
Members attending:
Stevan Davis, Bruce Livermore, Dietmar Bauerle

Discussion centered around two old issues: manifolds and spindles.

After our last meeting we asked for membership input with regards to manifold data- measurements at the bends, a measurement along the horizontal, and a measurement in height. The Committee provided 19 manifolds and this data has been compiled. To date we have received the requested data from only one other member of the FV community bringing our total to 22 manifolds.

To facilitate further data collection, Bruce will provide Stevan with a measurement crib sheet and Stevan will send this along with a spreadsheet to all members registered on the FV Registry in the hope that we will still be able to gather more data from members.

With the limited information that we currently have, the Committee is not sure we can make a valid recommendation with regards to manifold dimensions, and we continue to move closer to the deadline for any adjustment to the 2011 rules. With the holidays approaching , the Committee is concerned that we will not have enough time to analyze any and all data before making a recommendation . Originally we requested that all data be submitted no later than the week before Christmas. While this is not a hard deadline, the committee is hoping to receive data sooner rather than later. At some point it WILL be too late. If the FV community feels that the current rules adopted last year and still in effect for the 2010 season are adequate, then nothing more needs to be done. If it is felt that the manifold rules need to be adjusted or amended, then it is time for those affected to become active and provide the data that has been requested.

No word yet on the spec manifold and Bruce will try again to make contact with our Aussie friends to see if and when we can obtain a sample.

Bruce has received a spindle and will continue to perform tests both for hardness and weldability. There seems to be only a minor difference between the original and the aftermarket in terms of dimensions, and they might even be of better design when it comes to the area usually occupied by the grease seal- bearing spacer.

No other items were presented or discussed.

Next meeting is scheduled for December 23 ( and may or may not take place due to the holidays)
Matt King

Re: November meeting

Post by Matt King »

I made the assumption that the request for manifold dimensions was aimed at those who have the newer "state-of-the-art" manifolds with oversize tubing in the bend area that might be questionable if a new rule is implemented. I'd be willing to measure my manifold, but I know it fits well within the measurements already in the current rulebook, so I haven't bothered. If others are assuming the same thing, you might clarify that in the next email.
Dietmar
Site Admin

Re: November meeting

Post by Dietmar »

Matt:

We are requesting input from ALL, so I hope we'll see your info soon.

If anyone has questions- not sure what to measure, how, WHY, feel free to contact me either via this site ( remember that we are not automatically notified of messages any more so it may take a day to respond) or contact me directly and I would be happy to answer any questions.

Dietmar
http://www.QuixoteRacing.com
619 561 7774 (after 9 am Pac time PLEASE!)