June meeting notes

Dietmar
Site Admin

June meeting notes

Post by Dietmar »

The Fv Committee met June 25. Members attending were:

Steve Oseth, Stevan Davis, Bruce Livermore, Dietmar Bauerle

There was no new business, so most of the discussion was centered around the letter that Stevan Davis has sent to active FV drivers registered on the FV Registry asking for input regarding the future of FV. To date, only 10 responses have been received, and for the most part, keeping cost down has been the main theme.

It is never too late to provide input, and we are open to any and all suggestions.

Anna Qualls has a FV web site and is working with Stevan Davis to try to consolidate her site with the FV USA site. Might take a look at http://www.formulaveeracing.org The intent is to provide one main source of information for anyone interested in FV.

Thoughts turned to the 2009 Run-offs at RA Sept. 22-27
A question was raised as to the facilities in the area around RA . Local establishments have confirmed that they are committed to providing more than adequate accommodations for all.

No other items were presented or discussed.

Next meeting scheduled for July 23
brian

Re: June meeting notes

Post by brian »

There are a few motels in Plymouth, the closest town, but most will find themselves in Sheboiken which is about 25+ miles from the track. Local ordinances make camping at the track a bit expensive but the Plymouth campgrounds across the road from the track is quite nice but I expect that it will fill up quickly. The area has grown quite a bit since but I doubt much will be done in anticipation of the Runoffs and the fall is preferred by city dwellers to escape to the country.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
cendiv37

Re: June meeting notes

Post by cendiv37 »

Actually, my brother lives in "Sheboiken" and has for many years. He informs me that the number of hotel rooms in the area has increased dramatically over the past 10-15 years primarily to support the enormous charter fishing business (not to mention the new golf courses, etc.). He feels that room availability in the greater Sheboygan area will be pretty good in mid-September because the fishing season is pretty well wound down by then. Also, the kiddies will be back in school so the nearby resorts may be opening up.

The first year may be a bit tough to figure it all out. It won't be perfect, but there should be accommodations enough. If you liked the atmosphere of Mid-Ohio, where you had to do some exploring to find the best places to stay and eat, but were rewarded with a taste of the local culture, you will probably like RA as the Runoff's site.

Just my unbiased opinion of course...
As a native of Wisconsin and all...
Which, by the way, is pronounced Wisconsin, NOT Westconsin as pronounced by the likes of Bob Griese and other highly trained sports commentators. But then we're not really listening that carefully... are we?

Other nearby cities of some size, per Google maps:
Fond du Lac: 26 mi
Manitowoc: 37 mi

BTW, I usually lodged 20 - 30 miles from the track at Mid-Ohio.
Bruce
cendiv37