Molds For Sale

rphillips

Molds For Sale

Post by rphillips »

While I had my Protoform P3 I did a lot of research and development and made a new nose that moved air above and below the axle beam (rather than through it) and along removable side pods that I also made. I’m not ashamed to say that I copied Michael Veracin’s car but they are also like what is seen on Citations. I’m pretty sure they worked because my data showed that my top speed increased by 1 mph on the oval at Homestead when I used the side pods. Based on this I also think they are especially a benefit for tracks with long straights like Road America.

The scoop that I made was designed to ensure that the carb had a low pressure area at it’s inlet so that it performed as efficiently as possible while also providing high speed air to the oil cooler. There is a divider that separates the carb air from the oil cooler air and the scoop is designed to sit in an aluminum pan on top of a metal frame. The pics show what I mean but the scoop stays with the car and weather stripping is used to ensure that air tight seals are made. I lost track of it but my data showed that more HP was produced using the scoop and my cooling was excellent with a half size 13 row oil cooler using a full flow engine. I have data that shows that my oil temp was 221 degrees when my datalogger temp was 99 degrees (which is usually very close to the ambient temp). In fact, I would have to put a piece of tape on the oil cooler on cold days just to get my oil temperature up to at least 215 degrees. I also designed a fairing to sit behind the scoop to improve the aerodynamics. The fairing attaches to the tail section.

The nose, side pods, and the scoop fairing are all shaped to fit P3 bodywork but the scoop itself can be fitted to other cars. I have actually sold a couple of scoops since I sold my car and I know that one of them is being fitted to a P2.

I’m asking $1,200 plus shipping for everything but I’m open to offers including royalty arrangements if anyone feels like they could make pieces from the molds and sell them. They can also be delivered to the 50th B'day party. Please PM me or email me at fvee5 at Hotmail dot com if you are interested or if you have questions.

Here is a link to the pics:
http://s1200.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... 5/library/

Ray
rphillips

Re: Molds For Sale

Post by rphillips »

Still for sale. Shane Viccary of AVR Motorsports fitted a scoop to a Protoform P2 and here is what he had to say about it.

"Not sure if these molds are sold yet or not, but I can commend to how well the scoop works. Below is a picture of it fitted to our P2. The car had issues overheating last year (260-280) with the stock setup, and we were fighting with it all year. So far this year, we have actually had to block off the cooler at times to bring the temp up to around 220."

Here is a link to the thread on Apex where the above quote is posted.
http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57149

Ray