Trailer for sale

bill_browne

Trailer for sale

Post by bill_browne »

Homebuilt open racecar trailer. Single axle, no springs. Non-functioning surge brake. Got it when I was working on a FF, but my solo vee won't fit. (Well, it might, but it'd be a very tight squeak, and not worth the aggravation). Should fit a formula vee with it's narrow tires quite well. Other problem is I can't register it in Louisiana. LA requires title or prior registration to prove manufacturer, and I have neither. Should be able to register in Texas, but check before you buy.

Trailer is located in SW Louisiana, near I-10, about 30 miles from the TX border. Contact me for pics or measurements at w.browne at att dot net. $500 or best offer.
Rickydel

Re: Trailer for sale

Post by Rickydel »

FYI. In case you don't sell the trailer and could use it.

Registering a Homemade Trailer
If you're interested in registering a homemade trailer, the first step is to contact your local Louisiana State Police Troop to arrange for an inspection. After the inspection, the trooper will issue a vehicle identification number (VIN) that will allow you to complete the rest of the registration process at a local OMV. You are required to obtain a VIN, because this number is what uniquely identifies your trailer.

The OMV will collect between $5 and $10 for the VIN assignment, depending on where it was issued. The title fee for your homemade trailer is $18.50, plus an $8 handling fee. The OMV will typically charge between $10 and $25 for license plates, depending upon the type of trailer.

Boat trailer and utility trailer registrations are valid for four years. You must renew all other trailer registrations annually. As a courtesy, the OMV will send you a reminder notice in the mail shortly before your registration is set to expire.