Offest link pin bushings.

SR Racing

Offest link pin bushings.

Post by SR Racing »

I made and sold these sets for many years. I stopped making them after retirement and don't plan to make any more. However I have had several requests for them from FV and off road VW car owners. I probably sold 10 or 12 sets a year to Europe alone. Is anyone still making them so I can send these callers your way? BTW, I sold the sets for $85 retail,

Jim
Dietmar
Site Admin

Re: Offest link pin bushings.

Post by Dietmar »

Jim:

Hopefully someone will reply as I too am looking for multiple sets to fill orders .

Hope all is well in retirement.

Dietmar
Quixote Racing
brian

Post by brian »

I'm pretty sure that Larry Cambell makes them
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
Campbell Motorsport

Post by Campbell Motorsport »

I no longer make the bushings, SR took over when I stopped making them. At this point, I know Dietmar has a few sets in stock if you need some.

Larry Campbell
Campbell Motorsport
SR Racing

Post by SR Racing »

Not any more. He (Larry) sold his last few sets...

The problem is these things are not easy to make to good tolerances. They are not the fastest selling items in the world. If you make 20 or even 10 sets at this time in the life of FV, you are liable to sit on them for years. If I know I had a commitment for 20 sets I would make them up. I was doing 20+ sets at a time and it usually took a year to sell them and that was when FV was much more active.

Whoops we doubled Larry.
Dietmar
Site Admin

Post by Dietmar »

Just so that there is no confusion, I DO have sets available (at this time)- Larry does NOT.

Dietmar
http://www.quixoteracing.com
JSM 16

Post by JSM 16 »

Jim do you have any dwg's I'll make them I have a complete machine shop, and can hold the tightest of tolerances. Jeff
Dave

Re: Offset link pin bushings.

Post by Dave »

I have been making mine out of 660 cored bronze for years. I just had a hard time getting my head around using steel for a bushing. Since I make them for myself and a few people (not for general sale) I don't worry about being too precise on the internal bore. The bronze distorts some when pressing it in, so we just finish ream them after install before spot facing the dog bone.
They are simple to make, so is the jig. Anyone with a lathe can make them.

Dave