Aluminum engine case, blue printed.

RDChaplin

Aluminum engine case, blue printed.

Post by RDChaplin »

The following is the ad Mike ran for the sale of this case. I was going to use it for a Formula first build, but as things sometimes happen I had to vacate those plans. I'd like to have $395 plus shipping for the case. Can email pictures if intersted.
Doug

"This is the very heavy aluminum case. Cylinder seats are decked parallel and equidistant to centerline of main brg. bores, which are checked along with cam bores. Has oil baffle and tube for deep sump installed.
I built it, but no one wanted the extra weight, so I tore it back down and transferred everything to a new mag. case. This case has never been in a car or out of the shop. $395.
Mike Palermo Jr.
Peak Performance Racing
fveeguy@yahoo.com
Colorado[/quote]"
SR Racing

Re: Aluminum engine case, blue printed.

Post by SR Racing »

Mike,

As of right now the only case allowed in FST is the Mag/Al stock case. So the Al case is only good for (with current rules) other venues or big street engines.
I do like the idea of going to AL cases in FST though. The extra ~10lbs is not an issue in FST. We have built several 140-180 HP street, buggy, sand rail etc. engines with the AL and are very happy with them over the poor brazilian "VW" stock cases.