Looking for part...

brian

Re: Looking for part...

Post by brian »

Actually, you can either pay a premium for branded master through a supplier or do some research and buy a clutch master for a mini pickup. My 90 Nissan pickup has a perfect master and they sell for under $40.
The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views or opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR.
Dietmar
Site Admin

Post by Dietmar »

A Wilwood clone to the Girling can be purchased from the suppliers listed at the top of the page for about $50.Wherever you order from,be sure to match the bore size (either 5/8 or 3/4).
If the car has been sitting for any length of time, you might also want to look at the wheel cylinders for possible leaks. Replacing all would be cheap insurance, and once again, the suppliers at the top can provide you with the right parts.

Hope this helps
Dietmar
http://www.quixoteracing.com
SR Racing

Post by SR Racing »

What Dietmar said.. Also if you got a Girling off Ebay for <$50 it is used... I would consider a new Wilwood for under $40 or even a new Girling for under $70 first. Again all available from us suppliers at the top of the page.

Jim
Bob Posner

Post by Bob Posner »

You should recognize for future reference that the people responding to your inquiry are firstly trying to help you and secondly in the parts business. To take their advice and then buy the suggested part elsewhere may result in your supply of advice diminishing next time.
sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

I think Dietmar had this in mind when he suggested you check the wheel cylinders for leaks, but he didn't mention it: chances are you HAVE some rust in the wheel cylinders, and if you don't have any leaks now, you will soon. You have to take them apart and look inside. Not that big an effort. You will have piece of mind either by fixing them now or by knowing that they are fine.

-Jim