Wanted 1969 lynx B exhaust

ajax

Wanted 1969 lynx B exhaust

Post by ajax »

After reading, I felt I needed to better explain my request!
I would like to up grade from the original underslung flat 4 collector design exhaust system on my Lynx B, to a newer design exhaust system that runs over the gear box. I run vintage, with a fan, original (2) shocks, a Z bar and also use the original low tail, so the exhaust system would need to run fairly close to the top of the gearbox.
Thanks,
max82

Re: Wanted 1969 lynx B exhaust

Post by max82 »

I have a couple of sets of the old headers. I have attached a link below so you can look at them. The one that is rusty, which is just surface rust is good except the flanges that connect to the heads which are broken off. I have the flanges (see picture) and they can be welded back on. This was a common problem with these and if you install these I recommend that a brace be installed toward the back of the pipes to support them.

The other ones are a rusty white, these have been in a wreck and rebuilt. I have tried to take pictures to show you the repair. Two of the 90 degree turns have been replaced. You can compare the two and see the welds on the white one where the other one is not welded. The white one also has a little crimp close to the collector. That is the close up picture.

I will sell eveything both headers and one set of front pipes for $30 They have just been laying in my attic for 20 years so I hope you can use them. I do not know what is will cost to ship them but that will be an additional charge.

I am located in Indianapolis In.
Here is the link to the pictures and my email address
http://picasaweb.google.com/maxwillman/ ... directlink

email maxwillman@gmail.com

Max Willman