R David Jones

MDRacing

R David Jones

Post by MDRacing »

R David Jones passed away on April 10. There are folks better qualified than I to write a correct obit but briefly he was a long-time SCCA and vintage racer and past Chairman of the Board of SCCA. He was inducted into the SCCA Hall of Fame.

There will be no public funeral or memorial service. Because of his wide-ranging connections in business and racing, that might require AT&T Stadium. We have set up a link with the SCCA Foundation so that folks who want to set up a donation in David's honor can do so at http://www.sccafoundation.org. David was very generous in his support of the foundation and I think this is a proper way to remember him.

Mike Rogers
FV 05
FV80
Site Admin

Re: R David Jones

Post by FV80 »

R David was very active during my early years with SCCA. I can't remember when I last saw him but it was within the last 2 years and he was still 'hangin' in there'. So sorry to hear of his passing. He was an avid FV racer and avid SCCA guy always pitching in where help was needed and always willing to talk. I will certainly miss his presence.

Stevan Davis, member since 1976, active since 1974 (before membership was required to participate)
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
BLS

Re: R David Jones

Post by BLS »

I remember David by the name from my younger days. I remember his connection to FV mainly but also his enthusiasm for the club.
Barry
Old Zink FV,
'87 Citation