Lynx B for free

crhaynes@comcast.net

Lynx B for free

Post by crhaynes@comcast.net »

I have a Lynx B I wish to clear out of my garage. Last used as a Solo V 5 years ago.
Engine in poor shape, oil gallery plug blew out, poorly repaired, still leaks significantly.
Stock crankshaft with welded counter weights.
Stock size 1600 pistons and barrels.
Weber 40 IDF carb, will need a rebuild.
2 front beams, one on the car, one spare.
2 Transmissions, one regeared for Solo, one stock gearing, both setup for FV.
2 sets of steel 13 inch solo wheels
1 set of stock VW wheels
Many spares, including a box of connecting rods and valve train parts and a spare unmodified case.

Located in Memphis TN, 38016

If I get no interest, I will tearfully take a sawzall to the chassis and recycle the bits.

Save these air cooled parts, please.

Charles

crhaynes at comcast.net
FV80
Site Admin

Re: Lynx B for free

Post by FV80 »

Charles,
What is the general overall condition of the car? Like... could it be returned to normal FV Club Race Vintage status? Does it have a log book? Year model? Roll bar number? When was it last 'raced' (club racing)? Got any pictures to post ? Seems like it would be better suited to returning to Vintage than an AX car .. if the non-engine parts are in decent shape.

Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
crhaynes@comcast.net

I don't have a log book, haven't looked for a roll bar number. I does not have side intrusion bars, has been modified for lightness, probably not much of a candidate for wheel to wheel anymore. The only original bodywork is the tail section.

Charles
Chris Elwell

Post by Chris Elwell »

Charles,

I sent you an email as well, but I'll take the car and the parts. If you didn't get my email, give me a call. 27O- 922- 9037.

Chris
crhaynes@comcast.net

Chris,

Thanks I got your email. I have a few interested, I'll let you know if they fall through. I hate to see it go, but it is time to move on to another project.

Charles