FV Future - Read this first

CitationFV21

FV Future - Read this first

Post by CitationFV21 »

I am putting out a series of ideas for FV in order to get participant input.

I have been posting them over at Apex Speed but did not want to leave this group out.

From now on they will be posted simultaneously.

You do not have to post on both boards, but I may summarize ideas on both.

Read the guidelines in each one and try to stay on topic.

I am not a moderator, but language and personal attacks will be reported to the moderators.

These are just discussion points, they are not rules, nor are they going to mess up your racing.

That is, unless you think you can buy your way to wins, which is against th spirit and rules of FV

Chris Zarzycki
1993 Citation
hardingfv32

Re: FV Future - Read this first

Post by hardingfv32 »

CitationFV21 wrote:These are just discussion points....unless you think you can buy your way to wins, which is against the spirit and rules of FV
The current FV rule set has was never developed to satisfy the above statement. Preventing the rich from buying races is an admirable goal but it is going to take a different rule set. Something on the order of SM or SRF.

The big issue you face is that the majority of the FV competitors are happy with the current rule set and are not concerned with controlling what the rich do. These competitors have raced for decades with a rule set that does not put an emphasis cost control. Moving away from the current rule set is not generally going to save any of the current participants any money.

Good Luck

Brian