Formula Vee chassis

gpoorman1@cfl.rr.com

Formula Vee chassis

Post by gpoorman1@cfl.rr.com »

Help needed,.. can anyone provide information on the type of chassis this may be, or possible history?
It was purchased in Longwood ,Florida ( in approx.2008 ), I would like to sell but have no Idea, of make
or possible value.
Let me know,Thank you.
Gerald
Attachments
IMG_0738.JPG
IMG_0731.JPG
IMG_0726.JPG
jphoenix

Re: Formula Vee chassis

Post by jphoenix »

That is an interesting rear suspension - does it not pivot left - right?
Jim Phoenix
2016 Red Mercury FV 44
BLS

Post by BLS »

I would guess a homebuilt, or very limited number built. I recall seeing a picture of the same car or similar based on the rear zero roll design.
Barry
Old Zink FV,
'87 Citation
BLS

Post by BLS »

Jim, I think it pivots where the pushrod arm block fastens to the shock activated bellcrank. That's the only way I see it working properly.
Barry
Old Zink FV,
'87 Citation
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

I'm pretty sure that is the frame of the Enigma - designed and built by JR Russell of Roxannes Headers (Tampa area). Doubt that the cowl shown came with that frame. I'm not sure that JR ever actually completed the car. May have never been on the track at all. You might contact JR (JR@RoxannesHeaders.com) if you want to follow up on my assumption. He doesn't come here very often.

As for what it's worth? That would depend on how bad someone wants a car, and what you're willing to take for it. There's not very much shown in the posted pictures - LOTS of stuff is missing, so not worth much. $500 would be a stretch - probably less. You might possibly find someone with a significantly damaged frame that might want to tackle it. Looks pretty much like building a complete car from almost scratch. You'd be more likely to get it out of your way if you GIVE it away. That's assuming you don't WANT it.

Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
hardingfv32

Post by hardingfv32 »

This is a very creative rear spring system. Similar to the mono-shock systems found on some formula cars and the Speedsport FV which use shuttle systems with linear bearings. The design pictured would be simpler to fabricate although the push rod rocker in single shear is major flaw. A system like this would make a sway bar and sway dampener easy to use.

I learned something today.

Brian