Login Issues

bobs66440

Login Issues

Post by bobs66440 »

For some reason I cannot log in unless I have my browser on "private" (incognito). And even though I check the "keep me logged on" box, it always logs me out automatically. Also, when I send a private message, I click on "submit" but the message just stays in my outbox and as far as I can tell, is never sent. I have the "TO" and "SUBJECT" boxes filled in as well as the main text window. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks!
Dietmar
Site Admin

Re: Login Issues

Post by Dietmar »

You should be receiving 2 messages. Let me know if you do not by replying on this site.

Dietmar
bobs66440

Post by bobs66440 »

I did get them, thanks. The login thing must be a glitch with my computer. I found out that it works fine on my phone. Weird...
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

Bob,
In order to have auto-logon, you have to have COOKIES enabled in your browser. Yours might be disabled prohibiting auto-logon.

Also .. PM's do not get "sent" anywhere. The recipient should get an email (unless they have disabled that feature in their user control panel) and they should also get a pop-up notice the next time they log on to the board (unless they have disabled that feature in their user control panel). It does show in your outbox that the PM has been read if the recipient has read it.
Steve
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
Dietmar
Site Admin

Post by Dietmar »

Bob:

And I received your reply.

The "outbox" should be clear of the sent message.

Dietmar
bobs66440

Post by bobs66440 »

Yes, thanks! The login issue appears to be a Safari browser on Mac thing. Other browsers work fine.
jpetillo

Post by jpetillo »

bobs66440 wrote:Yes, thanks! The login issue appears to be a Safari browser on Mac thing. Other browsers work fine.
Bob's problem is not unique. This is the same problem I have when using Safari, so I have to use another browser as well for this site.
jphoenix

Post by jphoenix »

I use chrome on my iPad, Safari is troublesome.
Jim Phoenix
2016 Red Mercury FV 44
BLS

Post by BLS »

Safari has trouble with other websites...
Barry
Old Zink FV,
'87 Citation
BLS

Post by BLS »

Stevan, just a FYI:

When I got online I noticed I was not logged in, but at the bottom of the main page where it shows who is online, it had me listed. I logged on without problem. Just odd it showed me as a "registered user" but I was not logged in. Might indicate some other issue...

No problem and no complaint, just thought it might help to know.

Barry
Barry
Old Zink FV,
'87 Citation