Predator FV Research/History

csingletary01

Predator FV Research/History

Post by csingletary01 »

Could anyone give me history of the Predator Formula Vees? Who built them, models, etc.
sharplikestump

Re: Predator FV Research/History

Post by sharplikestump »

That would be Darrell Bailey. He lived in Lamar, CO. and modeled them somewhat after the Vista of Don Courtney. Very aerodynamic design.
We lost Darrell a long time ago. He was in the stands watching a race with (I believe) his son-in-law when "The Big One" hit.

FYI, I have a Predator chassis, complete body (in good shape and paint), along with a spare or two, all stored inside, that I would have a hard time refusing any offer on.
Mike Palermo Jr.
Peak Performance Racing,
FVEEGUY@YAHOO.COM
303-838-9515
satterley_sr

Post by satterley_sr »

I don't know if he designed it, but Dan Wyse made Predators in Pontiac, Mi for a lot of years. Business name was Crossroads Fab.
sharplikestump

Post by sharplikestump »

Darrell was the originator, and then sold the business to Dan.
MarkP-2

Post by MarkP-2 »

Mike,

I agree about their aero bodies and always thought they'd go well at Road America. However, too many are sitting unused
in garages or with regional only drivers at the moment. I have a good friend who has two frames and three bodies currently
sitting in pieces in his shop, like many others.... :cry:

Mark
tiagosantos

Post by tiagosantos »

I remember seeing a really nice looking predator for sale on eBay in 2010 that sold for almost nothing. They look neat! :)
csingletary01

Post by csingletary01 »

That's for the info. I just completed the conversion of the last Predator that Dan built to a FST. Made a good conversion and we debuted this past weekend at Gateway.