SR's Great Service

csingletary01

SR's Great Service

Post by csingletary01 »

I came back to racing after a five year sabatical. I decided to go Vintage Vee Racing. I restored a Autodynamics FV that everyone thought was unrestorable as it had thirteen log books and appeared to just be worn out. It was a challenge and if I had not done all of the work it would have been a very deep money pit. During the course of the restoration I got in contact with Jim at SR. He was willing to take the time to discuss and help me on this project.Yes I did buy lots of parts from him, but his help went beyond just doing it for the money. He did an engine for me that took me through the CVAR School process and ten races in two years. Getting ready for the 2013 season and the 50th I sent motor to him to be freshened and uprated. His attention to detail was incredible as he even found a worn rubbing block on my fuel pump. I installed the engine and went to the first race of the season last weekend at Texas World Speedway and had another trouble free set of races from the new engine. I think Jim and SR are a great asset to the continuing legacy of Formula Vee.
SR Racing

Re: SR's Great Service

Post by SR Racing »

:oops: Thanks Chuck. That felt good... We are glad we have been able to help..

Jim
MarkP-2

Post by MarkP-2 »

Chuck:

My son and I just purchased a Citation roller from Jim several weeks ago, and he was very generous with the price and
extra parts he threw in for no additional charge!

Mark
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

Not to hijack this thread - I can certainly support kudos for Jim and his team - but I would like to point out that you can expect similar support from ALL of our FV vendors - especially those listed at the top of this page. We are ALL in this together and the vendors are always eager to help out - as are the rest of the class. That's what's so great about FV. That reminds me of a story :lol: .... Back at, I believe the 25th FV anniversary at Road America (or, maybe the 30th? - WOW, how the memory fades...), Bill Styczynski crashed his Citation heavily in qualifying - it took quite a number of people to put it back together (thankfully, Bill was not hurt) - but it happened. Bill drove through the paddock with his 'pieced together car' prior to warmups and dubbed the remains as "FrankenVee". Thanks to several other competitors who worked many hours on the car and gave/loaned parts, he was able to start the race with the rest of us. IIRC, we started 88 cars that day!

I'm sure that Jim would agree with me ... THAT'S what this class is all about.

Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80
SR Racing

Post by SR Racing »

I'm sure that Jim would agree with me ... THAT'S what this class is all about.
Yep. Been there, done that.