Help need identifing a old FV

jwolf

Help need identifing a old FV

Post by jwolf »

I have purchase an old Formula Vee Race Car that I intend on restoring and having some fun with as well as showing it.

I am working on getting it certified with AACA and am collecting information.
I need help finding more information about this car.
1. Contest/Event Documentation (registration sheet, contest results, any publication or program)
2. Photographic Documentation (A photograph of the car during the time it was race)*
3. Ownership Documentation A statement from the owner/owners stating this is the frame or chassis used to race over 25 years ago.*

The car has several Midwestern Council stickers on it so I think that is where it raced or at least auto crossed in it's later life.

Please look at the car it looks to me like it has never been repainted or at least this body was never repainted. The car has a unique squared off roll bar.
I hope to fine a pictures of the car with it’s original 15 inch wheels. 60's 70's

Please send any information you have: former owners, where it race?, photos, anything.
I don't even know what brand it is or who built it.

photos at
http://beaver.vinu.edu/Formula%20Vee/index.html

Thanks

jwolf@vinu.edu

Jay David Wolf
2226 E. Apache Lane
Vincennes IN 47591

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Jay Wolf
Vincennes Indiana
HTTP://159.218.3.3
jwolf

Re: Help need identifing a old FV

Post by jwolf »

I can not find any number anywhere on the frame. The gas tank was in the cage on the front of the car and the battery was on the rack over the trans-axle.
I found a set of unused body clips on the fame so it may have been re-bodied.
Jay Wolf
Vincennes Indiana
HTTP://159.218.3.3
Veefan

Post by Veefan »

Also post it under other classes, it's a Solo Vee, someone in the Solo area might know the car. It has a 1600 engine in it, FV uses a 1200. FM was/is one of the SCCA solo racing classes. Based on the set up it was raced a number of years ago. Althought not currently legal in SCCA Formula vee, Solo Vees have very different rules and after a little clean up, new belts and a few odds and ends you might be able to race as is in solo vee.

Here is a current one racing.
[ external image ]
Ed Womer

Post by Ed Womer »

The chassis and bodywork look like one of the versions of an Autodynamic.

Ed
FV80
Site Admin

Post by FV80 »

Jay,
You might want to try posting on a solo specific forum as well as here - try the Atlanta one at
http://forum.soloatlanta.com/

It's generally pretty active - maybe someone knows the car.
Steve, FV80
The Racer's Wedge and now a Vortech, FV80